Browsing for the best boss day messages for your leadership? Here are some kind, funny, and sweet wishes and quotes to celebrate National Boss’s day.
Bosses can often be misunderstood people. Some people love their boss, some people hate their boss, others are ambivalent. Everybody has different requirements as to what makes a great boss.
It could be their leadership, their intelligence, their kindness, or the way they stand up fo their team. For those that admire and respect their boss, there’s National Boss Day.
100+ Best Happy Boss Day Messages For National Boss’s Day
What is Boss Day?
The National Boss Day is celebrated every October 16. It is time to acknowledge the people in the position as the “Boss.”
This day of recognition started in 1958 by Patricia Bays Haroski. She worked as a secretary at State Farm in Deerfield, Illinois. She registered this Boss’ Day with the US Chamber of Commerce.
She chose October 16 because she wants to honor her father’s birthday. In 1962, Otto Kerner, the Governor of Illinois, proclaimed the date as the official celebration.
The purpose is to appreciate the hard work and dedication of the bosses.
How should you celebrate Boss’s Day?
Here are some ways on how to celebrate National Boss’s Day:
- Bake or buy a cake or special desserts. The fun part is you may ask the pastry chef to put something hilarious design to make your boss laugh
- Create a huge team card
- Buy him or her a gift
- Plan a potluck for a special lunch celebration
- Create a powerpoint slideshow recognizing their achievements and fun memories
- Create a thank you video. Make it sharable so everyone can see on how you recognize your Boss
- Get together after work for happy hour. You can go out for dinner and drinks.
What do you write on a boss’s day card?
Cards may be old-style and traditional, but until this digital age, they are still meaningful.
- You can write funny messages that will make you Boss laugh. But, be careful that it should still be at the level of respect.
- Write inspirational messages. You can search for quotes that fit what the boss is into now.
- You may write a short generic message. A simple thank you might do.
- Include a quote that reminds you of their leadership or work ethic.
- You can write thank you messages to express your sincere appreciation and acknowledgment of his hard work and leading the organization.
For more ideas, check out the National Boss’s Day messages and quotes below.
Funny Boss Day Messages
- I thought you are mean, and now that I’ve gotten to know you, you’re still kind of mean, Happy Boss day!
- When the boss is away, it becomes a holiday! Thank you, Boss
- Boss, I have a question: What do you call people who work with you? Answer: the lucky ones. Happy Boss’ day!
- Today, as we celebrate the Boss’ Day, we will give you a gift that you will surely like that grief. Happy Boss’ day!
- We always get tired of watching you work! You are such a hardworking boss!
- I was looking for the right message for you, then I stumbled at the dictionary and search the meaning of a Boss. It says—QUIT SCREWING AROUND AND GET BACK TO WORK!
- A moment of work is observed in honor of you. Happy Boss day
- We call it “management” which includes making difficult people work. Have a great day Boss!
- You are the first Boss that I never thought of pushing down the stairs. Happy Boss day!
- Enjoy your Boss Day by doing little bit of work like I do. Have a beautiful day, boss!
- If you have not spotted my abilities, these talents are now in the grave. Thank you, Boss!
- Boss, it’s a great holiday that’s not really a holiday, but hey, we get a long lunch to celebrate!
- To the leader of the dysfunctional band, Happy Boss’ day!
- Your job is the only job I never ever want. Happy Boss’ day
- Happy Boss Day to the most control freak person. May you approve this card.
- Boss, we are sending you this card. We are requesting you to buy us lunch. Hoping for your kind approval. Happy Boss Day!
- Boss, we thought of sending you greetings of Happy Boss day on Facebook since you spend most of the time there.
- Thank you for being the driver that gives us the right path to our work. Happy Boss Day!
- Let’s celebrate Boss’s Day by abundantly thanking people who make pitifully higher salaries than us. Happy Boss Day!
- Thank you, Boss, for forgetting when I arrive late. Enjoy your day, Boss.
- Boss, thank you for tolerating my occasional mistakes.
- This is unusual, I thought it is only indigestion, To find out it must be gratitude. Thank you for being a leader.
- They say you can adjudicate a boss by merely looking at the people working for him. Therefore, we are so damn good. Happy Boss Day.
- Boss, in honor of the Happy Boss day celebration, can we all take time off?
- On this day of celebrating Happy Boss day, you might feel doing something beautiful. We suggest increasing our pay. Happy Boss day!
- Now I believe that good karma is paid with good karma. Thank God I worked with you. Happy Boss day!
- Boss, you give warmth to our cold office. Thank you
- The other term of employees under your team is called “Spoiled.” Happy Boss day!
- A great and cool boss is a rare species, and you are one of a kind. Happy Boss day
- Boss, since we celebrate this special day of you, do we get a raise?
RELATED: 21 Best Thank You Messages and Appreciation Quote For Your Boss
Inspirational Boss Day Messages
- We often wait for opportunities to happen. However, during the quest for the success, we forgot to create opportunities and thank the people that led us there. Happy Boss day!
- Your energy is infectious and we can’t help but to do good work when you’re around.
- Leadership is to influence, nothing more, nothing less. Thank you for being a positive influence.
- There are no shortcuts to success but your leadership makes the journey a little easier. Thanks, Boss!
- Do the best thing for your team today, just like you do every day. Happy Boss day!
- Failure is a teacher. Allow people to fail in order for them to learn and grow. That’s leadership.
- I don’t want to call you “Boss.” Why? A Boss is some who always says, let us go. But the leader says, “lets go.”
- Thanks for everything that you do here, boss. You inspire us all to be better employees and people.
- Boss, I am glad that you are my boss. You motivate me to stretch and increase the lengths to achieve the impossible
- We hope that despite the hardships, we as employees, are able to inspire you.
- The ultimate lesson I learn from you is I became effective when you say, “go ahead and do it.” Thank you for your trust.
- You are a leader that provides us the platform to come up with great ideas. Thank you for being a leader.
- Thank you, sir, for trusting us and pushing us to the limits. We are enjoying the benefits.
- You taught me how to be active and efficient. Today, I do things the proper way.
- No matter how hard the path towards our success, Boss, we are here to support you. Thank you
- The team is using our head right to think right. In the end, we want to be your asset.
- You are an inspiration to young entrepreneurs. You showed them that it is better to give than receive.
- Fear cannot go against if you share it with us. We, as one can rise up with courage and achieve our goals. Happy Boss day!
- We push ourselves to become your motivation to help you uplift the organization. I hope we have done it. Thank you, Boss,
- Your great enthusiasm made us celebrate success and learn from failures.
- It is important to be a person with a greater value than just being a person of success.
- No one has the right to make you feel inferior at what you do. Your leadership inspires us never to feel less than. Happy National’s Boss Day.
- Boss, we know you are exhausted with work. That’s okay. The important thing is that you keep it going.
- The qualities you possess is what keeps you resilient towards your work.
- Many people fail because of the ego not to commit mistakes, but you showed openness that made you lead to a successful life. Happy Boss day!
- Great leaders are the ones that allow people to use their ability to achieve greater things. Boss, I am glad that you are the kind of boss that I am talking about.
- The mark of winners is those who know how to prioritize the important things to accomplish.
- Only a few of this world values creativity. Good bosses continue to look at things differently to become creative. Happy National Boss’s Day
- We are all so motivated by your clear vision. Thanks for everything, boss!
- Boss, we can overcome the problem as long as we hold together and face it!
- Boss, you avoid making things complicated and keep it simple. thanks!
RELATED: 100+ Best Farewell Messages To Boss To Wish Them Luck And Say Goodbye
Short Boss Day Messages
- You showed us the best examples of work and made us bring all the best of what we can do. Happy Boss Day
- We, the employees, would like to let you know that we heartily appreciate everything you do for the company to grow.
- We see you not as a boss but as a coach. Thanks for everything.
- You deserve such recognition because of the efforts you give to this company that we all benefited from. Greetings to you, our Boss!
- Happy Boss Day to the most hardworking person in this office!
- You are a special kind of boss. You influence people positively
- The way you value your employees helped us to do more. Happy Boss day!
- I hope that a great manager will have the most fabulous day ever. Happy Boss Day!
- We are fortunate to have a boss like you who knows how to value the employees.
- The way you allow us to think and innovate brings us motivation to do the best.
- Although there are days, you are in a bad mood, that’s normal! But we want to let you know that our respect remains.
- May this Happy Boss Day will fill your heart with happiness.
- You are a person that is nice to know and a nice to work.
- Your kind of leadership does not leave anyone behind.
- Your leadership gives inspiration and sometimes perspiration.
- We love how you’re able to run the kind of office like this. Happy Boss Day!
- You are a boss that listens than talks. It works!
- You are kind to all of us. Happy Boss Day!
- Keep doing all the best. You’re the best boss!
- We admire your resilience to make everything run despite the risks. Happy Boss Day
- We appreciate your patience. I could not imagine how you can do that. Have a great day ahead!
- We appreciate your effort and passion for bringing us all together to work.
- I appreciate how you handle problems in the business. I’ve never seen you panicked. You’re a good manager!
- You are awesome! You helped me learn how to focus on my work and not drain my brain.
- What I love the way you run the office is you always have the game plan. I love it!
RELATED: Happy Birthday Colleague! 100+ Best Birthday Wishes For Coworkers
Boss Day Messages to Say Thanks
- Thank you for letting us feel that we are valued in this office. Happy Boss Day!
- Thank you for making us feel that we are a team.
- Thank you for the undying support, you are a true leader.
- Thank you for demonstrating us how to be courageous and confident in making tough decisions.
- Thank you for your sound judgment.
- Thank you for being objective in your decisions.
- Thank you for empowering us with your encouraging words
- Thank you for being the best coach that gives clear direction.
- Thank you for helping me to achieve the best performance of my career.
- Thank you for treating us later at happy hour!
- Thank you for standing with us! Cheers!
- Thank you for never running out of opportunities to give.
- Thank you for recognizing my effort.
- Thank you for the advice and for imparting guidance.
- Thank you for you never giving on up teaching me.
- Thanks for teaching us to convert our mistakes into lessons which result in improvement. Happy Boss Day!
- Thank you for the lessons you imparted. These will all be treasured.
- Thank you for teaching me to grow and become mature.
- Thank you for lifting each employee in these difficult times.
- Thank you for trusting me to join the team. I assure you that I will be your greatest asset. Happy Boss Day!
Bosses are humans, just like you and me. Many times, they also need encouragement and motivation to lift them up from tedious stress. Recognizing them will be an important step to remind them of their accountability and the need to perform. At the end of the day, you are all one one team, working towards the same mission.
- 15 SIMPLE TIPS FOR STARTING YOUR NEW JOB SUCCESSFULLY
- HOW TO NEGOTIATE A SALARY FOR THE FIRST TIME
- WHERE TO FIND A JOB RIGHT NOW: 5 EASY PLACES TO START LOOKING