We take privacy seriously, and have a few principles that we follow.
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone…ever
- There are no ads on this site, and NONE of the data is ever sold to other companies for any reason
- We don’t store personal information on our server unless required for the on-going operation of our site
Semi-Delicate Balance, Inc (referenced as “we”, “us”, “our” or “I” in this document) operates https://www.therightwording.com. It’s our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites. By using our sites, you agree to be held to the details outlined here.
What We Collect
Our site will request an e-mail address and name only for specific operations. Outlined below are the times when we request your information and why. We try and limit this only to when it’s absolutely required to achieve the operation or when required by the software and services we use.
- When you leave a comment, our site requires an e-mail address to be entered. Your name is optional, but is stored if you enter it.
- When you contact us with a question, we need your e-mail address and name so that we can respond back. When you subscribe to blog updates, we obviously need your e-mail address to send the blog updates. Your real name is optional.
- When you browse the site, we collect non-personally-identifying information. This includes browser type, language preference, referring site, the date and time of each visitor request, duration and similar information. You can NOT be identified from any of this information, even if you are browsing while logged into the site or leaving a comment.
What We Do With Data
Any time we store or request data, it’s done because it’s required for the site operation. Without the information, the action you are requesting (leaving a comment, creating an account, asking a question, etc.), we would not be able to do what you request.
Like most website operators, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use our websites.
NONE of our information, statistics or browsing data is ever sold or traded to other companies or individuals. We are required to send some information to third parties to complete required services. See for details below.
Where It’s Stored
The majority of your information is stored on our systems with our hosting provider. The hosting provider does not access any of your information. This is only available to administrators. This includes site comments, site account information, stored favorites and contact questions you submit.
Comments are sent to Akismet to check for spam, and they may or may not store this information. Please contact Akismet if you care.
Analytics tracking data is stored at Google as described in this document.
When you subscribe to receive blog updates via e-mail, your e-mail address and name are sent to MailChimp. MailChimp will store this information in order to send you the requested updates. They will not use the e-mail and name for any other purpose.
Third-party advertising companies are used to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Keep track of you when you login. You can create an account on our site and use it to store favorites and make quicker comments. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- Analytics data. Like all websites on the internet, we take advantage of Google Analytics. This is used to see how people use the site and which pages they view. The cookies will correlate all of the information and store it with Google. But all of the cookie information and IP addresses are anonymized, and can no way be used to identify you, even when logged in or leaving a comment.
3rd Party Services Used
When you request blog updates to be e-mailed to you, this is handled by a third party service called MailChimp. They will store your name and e-mail in order to send you the mail.
Analytics data is stored with Google, but does not contain any information that will allow them, or us, to identify you. This includes e-mail addresses, names and IP addresses.
Comments and other content submitted to Akismet anti-spam service are not saved on our servers unless they were marked as false positives, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives.
We do not share any data with any ad or information networks. We only provide the minimum data to the services listed in the previous section that are needed for them to provide us with the requested functionality.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit https://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and https://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors: