Planning a baby sprinkle? Find the right baby sprinkle invitation wording ideas for your invites that guests will love!
A baby sprinkle is a wonderful (and in some cases, more practical) way to welcome another child. It will help the family out with some new baby necessities while being a great reason to get together with loved ones.
What is a Baby Sprinkle?
Traditionally, a baby shower is for the first born child as it’s to help the parents-to-be with new baby supplies and welcome them to the chapter of parenthood. A baby sprinkle is a celebration to celebrate the 2nd (or 3rd or 4th…) child, but perhaps the gifts and fanfare are a little more casual and scaled down.
When baby No. 2 (or more) comes around, parents usually still have the main baby gear and necessities from their first baby.
What they don’t have (and therefore need) are things likes diapers, wipes, perhaps gender-specific clothes, bottles etc. At a baby sprinkle, guests still want to make the next baby feel as special but just more pragmatic about what the family really needs for a second child.
Baby Sprinkle Etiquette
There’s really little to no etiquette when it comes to baby sprinkles. Personalize a party that works for the host/parents with the suggestions below.
- Guest list: you can keep it ladies only or co-ed. Since the parents already have at least one child, you can make the baby sprinkle kid-friendly if the parents agree.
- Gifts: try to register for the basics (diapers, clothes, wipes) instead of the big-ticket items
- Games: keep it casual if you’d like. Give out casual prizes such as gift cards instead of gift baskets.
- Gift opening: a growing trend is to ask guests not to wrap their gifts. That the way the expectant mom has more time with guests rather than opening and posing with presents.
Therefore if you are planning a baby sprinkle, you can still have as much fun as you desire with the decor and invitations. For some inspiration to your baby sprinkle invites, check out the ideas below.
Here are Creative Baby Sprinkle Invitation Wording Samples
Twinkle Twinkle, it’s a sprinkle!
Little Nose, Little Toes, Little gifts tied up in bows
Little hands and little feet. Another little one to make our family complete.
Come sprinkle our baby with love
Forecast said “it’s just a sprinkle. Help us celebrate at the baby sprinkle for baby (last name or first name if known)
Another one joins the family, you’re invited to a baby sprinkle
There’s a new tot joining our lot. Join us for a baby sprinkle
Make room for one more, help up celebrate baby (last name or first name if known) at our baby sprinkle
Bibs, diapers, bottles galore. Years later she is having one more!
Ten little fingers and ten little toes, we’re so excited to see our family grow!
(mom-to-be) has a new little one on the way, so let’s celebrate with a special day!
One more at the table. Join us for a baby sprinkle
(Sibling’s name) is going to be a big (brother/sister). Join us for a baby sprinkle celebrating his/her brother/sister
- Creative Gender Reveal Invitation Wording Ideas To Make Your Own
- Cute and Creative Baby Shower Invitation Wording Samples To Make Your Own
- Creative Baby Shower Invitation Wording Ideas For A Girl